Since I did a Did The Books I Was Looking Forward to in 2017 Live Up to The Hype? post, I figured that you guys must be wondering what were my favourite books of the year. It’s been such an emotional ride… From hearing that Tahereh Mafi was continuing the Shatter Me series, to Sarah J. Maas’ finale to the Throne of Glass series being pushed back, to just falling in love with so many amazing characters. It was great! Plus, the diversity in all the books I read this year was insanely awesome, and I CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF IT. It was so, so great.
*P.S. I may or may not get carried away naming off my favourite books I read this year so let’s get this party started!*
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas. Again, this book was so much more than I was expecting. And the diversity was so much better than the first books of the series.
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston. Agherhiwer, I loved Geekerella. I loved Elle and Darien, and I just loved the whole story. Usually with dual POVs, I get bored with one of them, but I actually really liked hearing both of their sides. And I really like how the story didn’t just revolve around their love story–Although that was one of the best parts!– but on their own personal lives. I definitely recommend this book to both geeks and non-geeks alike!
- The Survival Kit by Donna Freitas. I picked up this book for cheap, so I wasn’t expecting too much out of it, but it really blew me away. The portrayal of grief was very well done, and all of the little details really brought the entire story together.
- Six of Crows series by Leigh Bardugo. I literally read these two books within four days. I could NOT get enough of the characters, the story, just everything. It lived up to all of the hype and more. Review: Book Review:Book Review: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo Book Review: Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- Just One Day by Gayle Forman. I really didn’t like Gayle Forman’s If I Stay series, so I was a bit nervous when I began to read Just One Day. But the writing was stunning, the places were so well-written, and the main character Allyson really stuck with me.
- The Falling Kingdoms series and A Book of Spirits and Thieves series by Morgan Rhodes. I technically began this series last year, but since I finished them in the beginning of 2017, I’m counting them as one of my favorites.
- The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall. I’ve had this book on my TBR shelf for at least half a year before I finally picked it up, and I’m so upset that I didn’t pick it up sooner! It was so great, and I really loved the descriptions of the different places.
- King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard. Just know this, it was amazing and stunning and action-filled. It was absolutely impressive. Review: Book Review: King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas. I didn’t like it as much as I thought I would, but it was still wonderful.
- By Your Side by Kasie West. Just read this book. It’s one of Kasie West’s best. Review: Book Review: By Your Side by Kasie West
- Wolf by Wolf series by Ryan Graudin. Guys, this book is low on the radar, but it’s so good! Set in an alternate universe where the Nazis won WWII, it shows Yael’s, the main character, fight to defeat the Nazis. There were so many scenes in both books that I still cannot get out of my head.
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye. The writing was so descriptive, and both Nikolai and Vika were likeable characters. I couldn’t pick just one side!
- Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth. Again, I don’t agree with the portrayal of the ethnicities of the characters, but the world was really well-designed and introduced me more to the world of sci-fi.
- Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett. Oh man, this love story was so good!! The characters were oh, so wonderful.
There’s my favorite books of 2017. What were some of yours?